Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here is a poem that was shared with me in a berevement support group.
I thought I would share it with everyone.

Remembering
Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry
I'm already crying inside
Help me heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending it doesn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child
Knowing that she has been missed.
You ask me how I'm doing,
I say "pretty good" or "fine"
But healing is something on going
I feel it will take a lifetime.

by Elizabeth Dent

2 comments:

  1. A very true poem, it put into words how you feel. Love Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete